Monday, October 17, 2011

Singer Carrie Underwood

Singer Carrie Underwood returned to her home city of Checotah, Oklahoma on Friday to help build a school playground.

The country music star joined more than 200 volunteers, including her mother Carole, at Marshall Elementary School for the project by her Checotah Animal, Town, and School Foundation, which she set up in 2009 to help the local community.
Underwood showed off her creative side by painting a mural at the school, as well as planting vegetation and helping with the playground assembly.
She says, "We had the most amazing day putting together something truly special for the kids and the community. I'm so proud that so many volunteered their time to be here today."

At only 28, Carrie Underwood is not literally old. But Carrie Underwood told the website for the Oklahoman newspaper that she felt old. She was heading to her alma mater Northeastern State University on Saturday (Oct. 15) to receive a distinguished alumnus honor.

"I'm gonna feel so stinkin' old. I just know I am. It doesn't feel like college is that far away, but I guess it was," Underwood said.

Then again, this was right after she'd spent the day building a new playground at the Marshall Elementary School in her hometown of Checotah. "I painted, I mulched, I shoveled. My legs hurt. I'm not gonna lie. When this (shirt) says, 'I earned this backache,' it's not lying. I'm probably gonna have one," she said of her day at work.

Underwood was very hands-on and definitely not the kind of celebrity who just writes a check and then gets in her limo to go home. She really built that playground. "You see the schedule, and you're like, 'Yeah, right, we're not gonna build an entire playground from 8:30 in the morning to 2:30 in the afternoon. Not gonna happen.' But it totally did.

 We had time to spare," she said. We’re giving credit to Justin Bieber today. He’s been caught up in a bit of a mess after being accused of slapping a hand away from a fan in Canada. He was playing laser-tag there and someone just wanted a piece of the Bieber. Turns out, that someone was gay, and now they’re bashing Bieber for being homophobic. Download music from the pop star here.

I am so proud of Carrie for who she is and what she stands for. I live about 1hr and 20 minutes from her hometown. She is really loved here in Oklahoma, as she should be. She has given back so much to her hometown, not to mention this article proves what kind of person she really is. She wanted to get in there and do the work. She didn't want to just donate the money.

This fullfilled her dreams for her elementary school. It showed an interview of Carrie and one of the little 1st graders and it was so cute. He didn't have a clue who she was, but he was hugging her and kissing her and saying thank you so.....much. Now we can play hard!!

She got so much out of that. You could see the tears welling up in her eyes, just to know how happy she had made those children. Carrie, is an exceptional person. She has never been afraid to show her faith in the Lord, and give Him all of the praise. It takes a very special person to be like our Carrie. Thank you for the article. Loved reading all of the great comments. Carrie is the real deal. Faith, Family, and Career in that order is what I see. I think she is doing everything right!!!

Well we think that’s just ridiculous, and we’re not alone. Bieber is getting ready this week to take a stand against bullying in general. Not just bashing on gay people, but the kind of bullying that’s been around for ages. Numerous celebrities have released videos combating bullying in schools and public places and now Justin Bieber will do the same.

American Idol winner and country superstar Carrie Underwood and her fiance, hockey player Mike Fisher, has set a wedding date. The singer said on The Ellen Degeneres show that the date has been set but it’s being kept a secret.

The singer went on to describe the wedding as being “laid back,” and she revealed that the venue and type of food has already been picked. But everything else is still a work in progress.

“Everybody would always ask me questions like, ‘What have you always dreamt of? This is your day,’” Carrie said. “I never thought about it until I was engaged. I wasn’t one of those little girls that always dreamed about getting married. So I have no idea what I’m doing, basically!”

But her biggest hurdle? Keeping the wedding small.

“We’re trying to keep it as small as possible,” she says. “He has so many family members and all my friends are people that I work with and I love to death, so…”

Carrie and Mike had a Christmas proposal late last year. Although the two have not revealed details about their proposal, Mike had said he was “excited and very happy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment